Wednesday 13 October 2010

Making of My Plasticine Model Step By Step

1. I Made a wire frame out of Silver Plated Scientific Wire by taking 1m of wire are then twisting it first to make a neck with a loop on the end, then twisting it to one side to make an arm, then twisting it around again to make the arm stronger, then I made the other arm in the same way so the wire is below the neck again.
2. I then twisted the wire down to make the body, and then twisted it back up making another loop as done for the head.
3. Then I twisted a long piece of wire to make the legs so it is in half, then twisted again to make it strong.4. I then pulled the legs through the hole left at the bottom of the body to complete the wire frame



5. I got orange, pink and white coloured plasticine and mixed all together to make the skin coloured plasticine
6. I then rolled the skin coloured plasticine into a ball





7. I then moulded the ball into a face shape by making it into an oval, pinching a nose and poking a pen through the face for eye sockets.
8. I then attatched the head to the wire frame (the neck part) to make it stay up.







9. I then rolled out the remaining skin coloured plasticine into a sausage shape and then flattened to make the skin for the arms.
10. I then wrapped this around the wire frame (the arms part) so that they would look more "real"
11. I then rolled out two balls of skin coloured plasticine to make the hands, used a knife and cut in the fingers.12. The I moulded them using my fingers to make them rounder.
13. I then attatched them to the arms and smothed it down so it is harder to see that they were made separately



14. I then made the body using green plasticine. This was done by rolling it into a thick sausage shape, cutting off the ends to make the ends flat and then attatching cutting it in half and then placing it on the body part of the frame and using my fingers to smooth it down so that the line cant be seen.
15. I then made the trousers by doing the exact same thing but with blue plasticine and making two of them (one fore each leg)16. I then had to make the trousers higher up, I did this by making another sausage and flattening it (same way as I did the arms) and then wrapping it round the body and smoothing it down again with my fingers.
17. I then made the shoes by getting some of the skin coloured plasticine and adding some brown to it and then moulding it into two shoe shapes and just attatching them to the bottom of the legs. (I scored the tops and bottoms so it is easier to stick) and then added a white rim around it to make the fur ontop of the uggs.




18. I then rolled out two white balls for the eyes and put them into the sockets.
19. Then I made two smaller balls of green to make the iris and put that ontop of the white bits.
20. I then rolled two small sausages and attatched them to the face to make the eyebrows (I was going to do eyelashes but they kept getting squashed)21. I then marked out a line on the top of the head to make a place for the hair to look like it would start growing.
22. I then rolled out loads of sausage shaped brown plasticine for the hair and attatched it to the head.
23. I then rolled out a small line of red to make the mouth and attatched it to the face.


Finished Model!

No comments:

Post a Comment