Wednesday 10 November 2010

Creating the sets

The first set that I made was the inside of the "witches house" this was done by getting a cardboard boz and then putting it into a room shape by cutting off one of the edges and then sticking it to the bottom to make the floor. I then put a mix of PVA glue and water over it and stuck kitchen roll on it so that it would be easier to paint. When this dried I painted the floor a dark brown so that it would look like mud (because the witch lives in a toadstool mushroom) and then the walls a light yelow colour to look like the walls of a mushroom. I then made a witches caludron and also a chimney.

I then had to make the outside of the mushroom so that the characters can be seen going into it. This was made by rolling up a piece of cardboard into a large tube and then cellotaping it together. I then cut out round a plate to make the top of the mushroom and then stuck a load of rolled up balls of newspaper on the top and added one layer on the top of it so that it would look rounded. I then pp a mix of PVA glue and water over it and then stuck kitchen roll on top to make it easier to paint. To paint the toadstool I needed to get an image of what one looks like. So I went onto google and typed in toadstool and found the image shown to the right. So I then painted the top of the mushroom red with white spots and the base a light yellow colour.

Because most of the film is based outside I will be using the outside to do most of the filming but then make props (such as the mushroom) to make it seem more interesting and 'fairytale' like.
I think that I will also make a small castle to put into the distance and paint it in colours that castles wouldn't normally be (for example purple and pink)
I will also make a cave for some things to live in (the character won't actually see what is inside the fairy will tell her but then as they are walking away some fire will shoot out of the cave.)
I will then need to make the fire that comes out of the cave, I could do this by using real fire and using a deodourant can and a lighter (but this is very dangerous so I don't think I want to do this.) or I can use paper and cut it into a fire shape and then slowly push it out of the cave and take a photo frame at a time and then when it is sped up it will look more like fire and it is safer.

No comments:

Post a Comment