Wednesday 10 November 2010

Planning the opening

For my opening of the film I want to have it so that it looks like someone is telling a story. So I would like to have a book openning with "Once upon a time..." written on it.

To make the book I will buy a paper mache book that you can buy from Hobby Craft and then use newspaper and kitchen roll to make the decorations around the book. I will also paint the book in different colours to make it seem more 'magical'. I will then fill it with white paper and have the characters names written on each page and then in the openning the page will turn and reveal a new name. Then at the end of all the names I will have the words "Once upon a time..." written on the page and then it will turn over and there will be a picture of the sky, the book creases will then fade and reveal that, that is the openning shot of the actual film. On the front of the book will be the title of the film "Purple Magic"

An example of a film that opens with a story book opening is Walt Disney's Sleeping Beauty . The two screen shot examples are from Sleeping Beauty. I didn't want to put in the youtube clip because it was called Sleeping Beauty Part 1 which means it could be deleted and it is a pirate.

No comments:

Post a Comment