Wednesday 10 November 2010

Making my poster

I thought that because my film uses plasticine people, my poster should be made out of plasticine too. This is so that people would be able to guess that this is what the film will be made from and so that they aren't thrown off guard when they see the film.
To make the poster I made different colour greens out of plasticine by having a base colour of green and adding yellow to one, white to another and leaving one normal.
I then had to roll out a thin circle of purple to make the faries face and then roll out 8 sausage shapes to make the hands, i then placed the circle on a black bit of paper and started to make the leaves that would surround the face. I did this by rolling the green plasticine into a circle and then squishing it between my fingers and then making a point using my fingers aswell. I then took a knife and made the veins on the leaves.
I then made a circle of white to make the eye, blue for the iris and black for the pupil. I then made some long thin lines to make the eyelashes and placed them all ontop of eachother.

To make my poster look like a real poster I had to go into Adobe Photoshop and add the titles, certificate rating, when the movie is due to be out, the porduction company, the tag line and some of the stars that are in the film. To do this I just put the picture onto adobe and then just added text. Choosing a font and colour of the font was hard because some of the titles that I liked didn't look right on the actual finished product as you could barely make out what the title was. I then had to make the certificate rating and to do this I just went onto google and added it onto the poster. I then had to get some of the logo's for the production companies etc which I also got from google.
I then noticed some lines on the face from where my fingers had smoothed down the plasticine, so I thought I could smudge it to make it look smoother but it took forever to recognise what I did and even then it looked really bad because the brush was too big so it smudged everything.

Title fonts for my poster


I have found some nice fonts on Da-Font (dafont.com) and I want to use one of them but I need to see first which one looks best, to do this I the title on the poster in different fonts and see which one stands out more to people. I'm going to have the font in a bright purple because I think that it will contrast between the green leaves. To see which one stands out more I will ask 11 people which one they think looks better and see which comes out with the best score.

Stars that should be put on the poster:
To figure out what stars to have on my poster I had to decide what ones are mostly in animated films.
Renee Zellweger for example has been in animation films such as Shark Tale, Monsters vs. Aliens and Bee Movie. I think that this is because she has a sweet voice and is suitable for children's films and when the parents are watching the films with their children they will recognise the voice. For a male example Robin Williams has been in alot of animation films and also alot of childrens films, these are including the classics Aladdin and Fern Gully. Some other examples would also be Happy Feet and Robots.

Production Companies that do animated films:
Universal Studios, Pixar, Dreamworks Animation, Warner Bros Animation, Walt Disney Pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment