Wednesday 16 February 2011

Evaluation - How did you use new media technologies in the construction and research, planning and evaluation stages?

The new media technologies that I used were; Final Cut Express, Mac, Cameras, Zamzar and the Internet.

In the construction of my film I used my mum's camera to take the images that are shown on my film. I used a photo camera rather than a filming camera because as I was taking pictures
it made more sense to use my own rather than
have to wait to borrow a filming camera from the college. This also meant that I could be more free with my photo taking and I wasn't set on a short time limit where I had to have my photo's taken by because it was my own camera and I wouldn't have to share it
with anyone. The camera I used was easy to use because as it is my mums I have used it before and therefore I was familiar with it and didn't need to spend time getting my self familiar with it. I also used a tripod to make the camera steady. This was useful because it meant that I was able to leave the camera on its own to tamper with the characters to get them into their next position without making the camera line move and make the images appear to be shakey.

To put my film together I used an IMac. I used this because it has a lot of programs that other computers don't have (such as final cut).
These programs helped me a lot with the making of my film because they were simple to use and really made it look more professional.
Final cut was the main program that I used, this was because it is easy to use and on it you can cut and edit bits of film (or images) and make
them look better than they did before.

For both of my ancillary tasks I used photoshop which enabled me to edit my pictures easily, change the contrast and brightness on them to make them look brighter and also to add the titles to them easily. I first tried doing this on paint but the resources weren't as good and the final product that came out of it didn't look nearly as professional.
Most of my lighting that was used for my film was artificial as I had to use a spot light that could shine directly onto the set to make it
seem more like a 'fairytale'. This was useful because I didn't have to be worried about the sun going down and ruining a shot. I also didn't have to worry too much about shadows changing dramatically in shots because, as I was moving arms etc. frame by frame, it would have made the shadow of the characters look as if it was moving very fast and some times disappear.

For the music I used the internet to get the song from Youtube.com and then went onto a website called Zamzar to make it into a mp3 format. This was easy to do as it has step by step instructions on it. This also meant that it was easy to get the music from the mac onto final cut because it kept coming up with error messages when I tried to upload the one I had on itunes onto final cut.

For my blog I have used Blogger.com (this website). I personally think it is a good blog to use because it is simple and doesn't take a lot of work to use as it isn't complicated to upload images onto. I was also familiar with it because I have used it before with my own personal blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment