Wednesday 8 December 2010

Example Film Review


I got this film review from http://www.commonsensemedia.org/movie-reviews/tangled

I thought that because I am making a film for families, it would make sense to create a film review that is made for families. To find this film review I typed into google "Film reviews for families" and this is the first one that came up.

I think that this style of film review would be easier to re-create because it can say on it who it is age approprate for in the same way that this one has on the left, I can also give it a rating with the same starts that it uses. I think the benefit of having a film review like this would be that because the picture of the film is the poster it wouldn't give away too much about the actual film.

I also think I would be able to re-create the Rated things also shown to the left and I will be able to make my own comments about it. I however won't put the "More" at the side of the comments, I will just write short comments.

I also like that this film review puts a section in for the parents so that they know who it will be suited to and if there are any bits that will need explaining. I think this is a really clever way of getting them to watch the film because they think that it will be suitable for both boys and girls.
It also tells the parents what to expect (scary things) so that they will know that if their children are suseptable to being scared they don't have to take them to see it.

I also like that the review gives topics that the family can talk about after the film. This is a really clever way of developing ther communication skills and developing their skills of film analysis.


I also like how it gives a brief synopsis of the film (like most film reviews) and also an unbiased review of whether the film is any good or not.

It also gives details of where the film was made, the run time so it can tell the parents how long they can expect their children to be entertained for, when it was released and the ratings so that the parents get every piece of information they can about the film before actually going to see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment